Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudekis are putting the drama behind them. The former couple, who ended their engagement in 2020, were photographed embracing in Los Angeles on Friday. The friendly hug is a notable change for the couple who have been at odds for the past two years over her high-profile relationship with Harry Styles. The Don’t worry honey the director and Styles split in November.
Wilde, 38, and Sudeikis, 47, share two children, 8-year-old son Otis and daughter Daisy, 6, and are “amicably” co-parents according to a source at Yahoo Entertainment.
“Olivia and Jason only want the best for the kids,” the insider explains, confirming that the tension between the two has eased in recent months. “Their children will always be their first priority.”
Sudeikis and Wilde are both private stars, which is why it was so unusual last year for their issues to spill over into the public. In April, Wilde was famously served onstage papers during a presentation at CinemaCon.
“It was my workplace,” Wilde said Variety without naming her ex boyfriend. “In any other workplace, it would have been seen as an attack. It was really upsetting. It shouldn’t have happened.” Wilde added that the “fierce” attack “required forethought” due to safety protocols at the event; however Sudeikis denied having any control over her, it was managed.
“I didn’t want the service to take place at Olivia’s current partner’s house because Otis and Daisy might be in attendance,” she said in last year’s court filing, referring to Styles. The two disagreed over custody and where to raise their children.
“I understand that the process server was only doing its job; however, I am deeply sorry for what happened. Olivia’s speech was an important event for Olivia, both professionally and personally, and I am very, very sorry that the accident ruined his special moment,” he added.
During the promotion Don’t worry honey, Wilde tried to dispel rumors that he left Sudeikis for Styles by calling the speculation “full horsepower ***”. But just as the wild press tour for Wilde’s film was winding down, the actors found themselves back in the news thanks to their former nanny. The woman was allegedly employed when Wilde and Styles’ romance began, and she had plenty to tell the tabloids about that era.
Wilde and Sudeikis released a joint statement, their first show of unity in two years, to dismiss some of the nanny’s allegations The daily mail.
“As parents, it is incredibly upsetting to learn that a former nanny of our two young children would choose to publicly make such false and scurrilous allegations about us,” they said. “His 18-month-long campaign of harassment, as well as our loved ones, close friends and colleagues, has reached its unfortunate climax. We will continue to focus on raising and protecting our children in the sincere hope that he now chooses to leave our family alone.”
Styles and Wilde’s split was confirmed in November, and while it was initially framed in the media that the two were just “taking a break,” it seems more permanent. It’s unclear where Sudeikis and Wilde stand in terms of custody, but their public embrace certainly seems like a positive sign.